Tuesday, July 03, 2012
What happens when you get a job?
You very quickly settle into new routines and very quickly abandon routines that took so long and with much effort to establish when you weren't in full time employment.
Hello blog, I have been in full time employment for 8months+ and I have not written nor posted, bar a near-death rant, during that time. It also looks like I abandoned my October 30 doodle quest. I actually did more than 2, I moved it to paper and pen doodles, but I confess, I did not do 30.
I had a conversation recently about starters, finishers and non starters. What group do you fit into? and which group would you like to be? Also, are there intersections of these groups?
Me? I think I am a bit of a starter: I have all these ideas for projects, go in all guns blazing and fizzle out quite quickly. (I'm talking personal projects, not work stuff). Projects that get finished tend to have external forces linked, a gift for someone, or deadline for submission. So I can finish, but need a purpose or a predetermined end point. Then there are non start projects that are great ideas (and some not so great ideas), that get stored in my "will get round to [eventually][honest][honest honest]" list. So I suppose, I'm a bit of them all.
Happy 2012 by the way :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment