Post-near-death rant:
Two minutes away from the safety of home. A taxi is stopped at the pelican crossing for me to cross the road, busy with evening traffic in spitting December rain. The poor taxi driver almost witnessed a wee woman bounce off the front of a large leisure coach as it failed to even notice there was a traffic light, never mind little me.
Fortunately, I had suspected the traffic coming from the left may not see me because the bus I had just alighted was blocking the view. I was prepared for a driver not stop, especially if the lights had turned amber. That saved me. It did not prepare me for the size and the speed of the vehicle approaching and I checked, it was still a firm red for them! Just the air flow almost knocked me over. The taxi driver, probably just as appalled and shocked, honked the coach driver, but at that speed, it was long gone.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that, get it off my chest and to remind everyone, that the green man doesn't mean it's safe to cross. It means it's your turn but there will always be eejits. There will always, be eejits.
No comments:
Post a Comment