Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Toothache and other things

Been suffering toothache for about 3 weeks now. The 1st week was worst, but it subsided & I thought it would go away, as it has done in the past with wisdom emergence. But there's still a bit of sensitivity so I finally picked up the phone and called a local dental surgery. The lady was very helpful, suggested I get immediate help if I'm in pain, but I said I wanted to register anyway. So I have an appointment in 7days time and if anything needs done, could be another 10days after that.

I have no idea why I put it off for 3 weeks, or why I haven't registered with a dentist since my childhood dentist, who I last saw over 10 years ago!

Anyway, there are some specific things I put off doing and there is no rational reason for it. Registering with a GP or dentist are easy things to. Took a phone call and the first one at that. I sometimes think "well, they have better things to do, I shouldn't waste their time, I'm not ill" etc etc. I forget that it is their job to help! and it most likely gives them work satisfaction to help others.

The same can be said for friends you haven't been in touch with for a while.
"They're busy people, I don't want to bother them"
and then before you know it, you've not spoken or messaged them in years. When in fact, if they are indeed, a friend, then you'll probably find that they'd be overjoyed to hear from you, out of the blue, might even be a pleasant surprise, they may have just been thinking how you were too.

So reach out, and connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment