Reading the Clear Minded Creative 6 month and we all need a refresh.
OK. It's been a year since I gave up my day job and moved here. I knew freelance was a lot harder than you like to imagine so I have been holding on to hope I would find a day job, but times are tough. Work and money is out there, just need to find maybe a less conventional way of finding it. I think my upcoming milestone is a good time to finally bite that bullet and whole-heartedly go Freelance. That means changing CVs for marketing, portfolio for sales pitch.
I do wonder though, why are our successes so centred on our paid work?
Why do I find it so hard to admit to people, that actually, whatever it is I'm doing now, it is all heading towards my ultimate goal, which is to be a mother and a wife. These aren't low aspirations. I'm not settling for "less". Less money, yes; fewer possessions, yes; less recognition, power and fame; yes. But more of the things that matter to me, family, relationships and well being.
Yet, I can type it, but I can't say it.
No comments:
Post a Comment